Woodroffe High School is a vibrant secondary school with high academic standards, a strong athletic program, and a wide range of extra-curricular activities. The staff is energetic, highly qualified and dedicated to excellence in the classroom. They enjoy working with adolescents and go out their way to support them throughout their academic careers. Woodroffe High School offers a variety of courses designed to prepare students for university, college or vocational pursuits. A number of innovative programs are being developed to better serve the needs of students. These include the development of a number of multi-disciplinary courses, an arts certificate, and an international studies certificate.
An extensive variety of school clubs, organizations and inter-school and intramural athletics are offered under the direction and supervision of teacher and community volunteers. Woodroffe High School is a great place to learn and play.
- Large campus featuring two regulation sized gymnasiums, tennis courts, soft track, and two playing fields
- State of the art science labs, rebuilt in 1995
- French immersion and Spanish programs
- Interdisciplinary Studies
- Outdoor Pursuits
- Computer Science and Technology programs
- Diverse active extra-curricular program
- Outstanding inter-school athletic program
- Partnerships with Pinecrest-Queensway Health and Community Services, Wal-Mart and Algonquin College
- Extensive Cooperative Education Program
- Choice of four Fine Arts in Grade 9 (Dance, Drama, Music & Art)
- Extensive ESL & ELD programs
- Growing number of International Students coming to WHS
- Excellent Leadership Course and camp